Sunday, February 15, 2009

Unnoficial summary of meeting, Feb 13/09

Hi everyone,

Below is a summary of the meeting:

1. Reviewed minutes of previous meeting
2. Webmaster/blogger position available - Wojtek to confirm acceptance of the position
3. Student recruitment is still ongoing for the chapter - thanks to all the new members for attending
4. Three presentations were conducted - slides can be downloaded (ask me for password)
5. Key thing to remember about the job search process is to apply!
6. Update your resume and work on cover letters during the break
7. Have a look at some of the companies on my list – please keep the information private as I spent a lot of time putting it together for the group
8. Upcoming events include: Tour of the C.K. Choi Building, Guest Lectures, Student Presentations
9. Photographer needed - Jacob has accepted the position

Things to note:
1. The next meeting is on February 24 – I will email closer to the meeting date
2. Sherlene will put together a poll to establish a tour date and time
3. I will work on bringing in a guest speaker for our meeting scheduled on March 13, 2009
4. Student presenters needed for next meeting – topic can be anything HVAC related (email me if you are interested)
5. BC ASHRAE quarterly magazine - see page 8
: http://www.ashrae.bc.ca/bc/totem/Feb_2009_Totem.pdf
6. If you want to register as a student member of ASHRAE, see the guide I put together
7. The next BC ASHRAE Chapter meeting is on March 11 – more information at: http://www.ashrae.bc.ca/bc/
8. I am sure I probably forgot something so expect to hear from me often

As this is a new student group, I am always looking for ways of making your membership worthwhile. Feel free to send me your comments or questions.

Enjoy your reading break,
Minh

No comments:

Post a Comment